La Soufrière, St. Vincent SCIENTIFIC UPDATE – 07/05/21 6:00PM
- Seismic activity at La Soufrière, St Vincent has remained low since the tremor associated with the explosion and ash venting on 22 April.
- No earthquakes have been recorded in the last 24 hours.
- A small lahar signal was observed at 7:40am this morning.
- The volcano continues to be in a state of unrest. Escalation in activity can take place with little or no warning.
- The volcano is at alert level ORANGE.
- Visit https://volcanoes.usgs.gov/volcanic_ash/resources.html for Global Ash Impact posters. These are the latest research-informed material for concise best practice information for critical infrastructure managers to effectively manage ash-producing volcanic eruptions.
- Visit the International Volcanic Hazard Health Network for volcanic ash information and resources:
NEMO St. Vincent and the Grenadines
API – The Agency For Public Information : St. Vincent and the Grenadines
Department of Emergency Management
NEMO Saint Lucia
CDEMA – Caribbean Disaster Emergency Management Agency
LaSoufriere #eruption #svg
Photo: Javid Collins – UWITV