By Admin. Updated 6:34 p.m., Wednesday, January 13, 2021, Atlantic Standard Time (GMT-4).
Kingstown, St. Vincent (ONE NEWS SVG) – Chief Medical Officer – Dr. Simone Keizer-Beache says that she and other health officials who had to quarantine recently are now cleared.
On about January 4, 2021, the Minister of Health – St. Clair Jimmy Prince, the Permanent Secretary – Cutberth Knights and the Chief Medical Officer were advised to quarantine for a period of 5-days, ending January 9, 2021.
Responding to a question at a press conference today, Dr. Keizer-Beache said she and the other official were exposed to a known positive one week before the person had a positive test.
She said it was their last real exposure to the person.
The Chief Medical Officer said that all of the officials had PCR tests done as soon they realized that they had been exposed previously and then they had subsequent PCR tests done.
All of those COVID-19 tests were negative and on the advice of the infectious disease specialist all the officials have been cleared.
The CMO said, however, that she has continued to have minimal interactions and that she is still working from home.